Jan Deruiter on 19 Apr 2017 12:31:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Charity in need of computers?

I run a non profit http://phillykids.org that puts computers into Phila public school classrooms, provides take home computers, teach 3D printing, and a variety of other programs.
We could certainly make use of your computers.
We tend to wipe old machines clean and image them with Xubuntu 16.04 but if they have W10 on them, I may provide them to people as-is. We tend to use X1604 because we distribute mostly C2D machines with little Ram or even Pentiums.

Your donation would be tax deductible. Please just tell us what amount you would like to use for your receipt letter.

You can check us out at http://phillykids.org

I have met with the Team Children folks and think they are a worthy organization as well. They sell their computers for relatively little money whereas we give them away.
They put a lot of stock into the EDU software they developed some years ago whereas we tend to position our machines as web terminals.

If not this round, perhaps consider us for future donations. Again, the TeamChildren folks are a good program as well I think.

Jan Deruiter