Steve Litt on 8 May 2017 19:28:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Systemd Startup Sequence Question

On Mon, 8 May 2017 16:52:36 -0400
Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Steve Litt
> <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> >
> > Systemd sycophants will hoot and howl at the preceding,
>
> I suspect you'd have to post something of substance before we
> bothered.

I did. But you didn't quote it in your reply.

> Really, though, I'm sure any of us who care about the systemd debates
> could read one of 40k other 300-post threads on the topic.

OK, given the phrase "of us who care about the systemd debates", you
appear to put yourself in that group.

> I'd focus
> on just answering the poor guy's question.

I did. I answered with several solutions. But you didn't quote them in
your reply.

> In general one of the
> things I tend to like about the PLUG mailing list is that we usually
> stay away from religious debates.

Just so I understand, your reply has absolutely no religious overtones,
right? If I had proclaimed my undying love for systemd, you would have
reacted the same way, right? Earlier you said "those of us who care
about the systemd debates", implying you care, and from the tone of
your email I'd imagine you're pro-systemd. So why are you posting a
religious post?

> The nice thing about FOSS is that
> you can run whatever you want, and those inclined to maintain distros
> can maintain what they want.

Which is exactly why one of my suggestions, which you did not quote in
your reply, was for the OP to switch distros.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2017 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28