Bergman on 20 May 2017 15:35:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Need Hosting Recommendation

++

Happy customer for, um, 28 years. I think I've bought several servers for them by this point. :)

Mark

On May 20, 2017 5:16:27 PM EDT, Paul Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> wrote:
=> On 05/20/2017 11:22 AM, Casey Bralla wrote:
=> > So, in summary, my needs are:
=> >
=> > - Low cost hosting
=> > - Single "stable" IP address
=> > - total storage of about 250 GBytes
=>
=> I can never seem to find a cheap VPS that offers a lot of disk. I've
=> heard rumors of Linode working on a block storage offering (like
=> EBS),
=> but I just checked their website and didn't see any announcements
=> about
=> it yet. Right now to get 250 GB there you'd have to pay $160/mo. So
=> when
=> I need disk like that I always wind up renting a dedicated machine.
=> These guys have been pretty worry-free for me (although I'm a little
=> suspicious of their network quality):
=>
=> https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/
=>
=> $15/mo for 4GB RAM and 500GB disk. You might have to check back a few
=>
=> times though before that button turns blue. (Red seems to mean
=> unavailable). Or $25/mo for 16GB RAM and 500GB disk, and it's
=> available.
=>
=> Good luck, and I'd love to know what you decide!
=>
=> Paul
=> Philadelphia Linux Users Group         --
=> http://www.phillylinux.org
=> Announcements -
=> http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
=> General Discussion  --