Lee H. Marzke on 21 May 2017 10:28:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Need Hosting Recommendation

You may want to consider using PAAS for some services and reduce your data center footprint down to the services
you actually do need to run yourself.   I use or have used the following with good results.

DNS:  cloudns.net       ( inexpensive, multi zone, DDOS protection available, or full managed server instance )
                        Supports zone transfers, text and spf records, variable TTL down to 5 min

Email:  in-tuition.net  ( Spam filtering only, or full Zimbra hosting, whitebox hosting )
                         The advantage is that all Zimbra features work with mobile, including Calendar, Contacts, and Todo

Backup: rsync.net       ( They run ZFS and can accept zfs send snapsnots on 1TB+ accounts at $60/month),  works
                          with FreeNAS replication GUI.   Of course rsync works here on all accounts.
                          As long as your local Storage is ZFS based, zfs snaps are great, otherwise rsync.

Lee