Keith C. Perry on 9 Jun 2017 08:08:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] Wed, Jun 7, 2017: PLUG Central - "The SMACK Stack" by Ben Hindman and Elizabeth K. Joseph (7pm at USP)

Thanks again Elizabeth!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elizabeth K. Joseph" <lyz@princessleia.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 8, 2017 3:19:26 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] Wed, Jun 7, 2017: PLUG Central - "The SMACK Stack" by Ben Hindman and Elizabeth K. Joseph (7pm at USP)

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 7:12 AM, Paul L. Snyder <paul@pataprogramming.com> wrote:
> They will be joining us to talk about the SMACK stack (Apache
> Spark, Apache Mesos, Akka, Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka) and
> how it's revolutionizing fast and big data workloads. They will
> cover a brief overview of each of these technologies, how they
> work together, and how you can get going with all of them quickly
> on DC/OS with a live stream data processing demo.

Thanks to everyone who came out last night! It was great getting to
meet some new people and reconnect with familiar faces :)

A PDF of the slides from the presentation can be downloaded from here:

https://github.com/mesosphere/presentations/tree/gh-pages/2017-06-07-phillylinux

The demo we did is available at
https://github.com/dcos/demos/tree/master/1.9/IoT-FloatingBusData (if
you click on this a couple days after I send this email and it's a
placeholder telling you to go to a different URL, sorry in advance,
I'm in the middle of reorganizing this repository but I'm still
waiting on a review of my PR, I just wanted to send this out while it
was fresh).

Finally, as a reminder, all resources for DC/OS the open source
project are at https://dcos.io/