Greg Helledy on 30 Jun 2017 12:15:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Router Recommendations

I had to retire my WRT54G units when they couldn't keep up with the DOCSIS
2.0 cable modem. I was maxing out at 15 Mb/s and paying for 50Mb/s.

You might want to upgrade before it dies for this reason alone.

I was on the phone with Verizon literally yesterday, because my bill went up by $30 vs. the previous month, after being the same to the penny for a long time. It seems my "bundle" expired.

I've now been upgraded from 15/15 to 75/75--that's the lowest they provide on new plans on FIOS, according to the customer service person. (No extra cost for the speed upgrade.) So, your comment is about as timely as possible for me. Not that I was looking to spend money to replace perfectly-functioning hardware but...

Anyway, for those on FIOS and getting less than 75 up/down, a call to see if they'll give you an upgrade for free (or cheaply) might be worthwhile.

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated