Michael Leone on 30 Jun 2017 12:20:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Router Recommendations

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Greg Helledy <gregsonh@gra-inc.com> wrote:
I had to retire my WRT54G units when they couldn't keep up with the DOCSIS
2.0 cable modem. I was maxing out at 15 Mb/s and paying for 50Mb/s.

You might want to upgrade before it dies for this reason alone.

I was on the phone with Verizon literally yesterday, because my bill went up by $30 vs. the previous month, after being the same to the penny for a long time.  It seems my "bundle" expired.

Bundles are only good for 1 year, 2 at the outside. Comcast, Verizon, any of them.

The thing is, if you call and complain when the price goes up (as it invariably will), they almost always give you the exact same price (or real close to it) for another term ...