Casey Bralla on 19 Jul 2017 04:02:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Open Source Option For Calendar Server

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:16:34 AM EDT Ronald P Guilmet wrote:

> I rely very heavily on my Gmail calendar for all of my appointments or
> engagements. I was looking into hosting my own calendar server. The
> requirements would be that it is hosted by me, and I would need to be able
> to connect via my phone. I am looking at Baikal and DAViCal. I was
> wondering if anyone has anything to add to this?

I set up DAViCal on Debian.   It syncs with my android phone, but I had to buy
an inexpensive sync ap for the phone.   Setup was fairly straightforward with
postgresql and apache.  (I even migrated from my home server to a cloud
server.)

My biggest issue was my unfamiliarity with postgresql.  THere are lots of docs
on line to set it up, and I made some notes for myself which I would be happy
to share.

Good luck!

--

Casey Bralla