brent timothy saner on 20 Sep 2017 22:21:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: iTerm2 Leaks Everything You Hover in Your Terminal via DNS Requests

On 09/21/2017 01:04 AM, PaulNM wrote:

> You misunderstand what I wrote. Url parsing is quite simple, they follow
> specific patterns. Determining whether a website exists and responds at
> that location is another matter. The only way to tell that is to
> actually go there and ask, and you need DNS and an internet connection
> to do that.

no. i understood that. my original reply to you was to be read as thus:

"it wasn't about determining valid urls"

"+1; this is something that can EASILY be done:"

meaning i was giving an example of parsing.

the following points were to reiterate that you don't need to resolve
anything or use any network resource just to parse possible links (meant
as a further point as to just how unnecessary this "feature" of iTerm2 is)