JP Vossen on 25 Sep 2017 16:01:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] RHEL installation - Installation Source prompt - Error setting up a base repository

On 09/25/2017 05:35 PM, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
I just signed up and paid for a Red Hat subscription, and downloaded the RHEL 7.4 ISO image, made a bootable USB, booted it and am trying to install it. Under Installation Source, I get "Error setting up a base repository". I have been searching for answers, but cannot find any article that tells me what base repository I should set up. Every URL I try gives me the error.

I have e-mailed Red Hat support; let's see if anyone answers (their on-line help is truly awful). Meanwhile if anyone can point me to the answer, I'd appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance.

Why not just use CentOS?  Or better yet, Debian?

Later,
JP