Rich Freeman on 26 Oct 2017 11:37:10 -0700

[PLUG] Challenges with "The Unix Way"

I thought that this article was a really interest contrast with "The
Unix Way" and some of the ways it is mis-applied:

http://www.codersnotes.com/notes/something-rotten-in-the-core/

(The point isn't that the Unix Way is necessarily a bad thing, but
just that not every problem is best solved with a maze of nested pipes
and some shell scripting to glue it together.  And by Unix Way I'm
referring specifically to pipes and such and not to the more general
principle of doing one thing well.)

--
Rich