Greg Helledy on 15 Dec 2017 12:03:24 -0800

[PLUG] CalDAV server on linux

Our company needs a calendaring system. Our hosting provider includes the Horde suite, with its "Kronolith" server, in our service. Unfortunately, due to a long-standing bug which has been marked resolved, it's really not usable for us. (If someone sends you an emailed invitation to an event, and you accept using a mail client (like Thunderbird), instead of simply adding the event to your calendar and replying that you will attend, Kronolith will:
1.  Send out a cancellation notice to every recipient of the invitation
2.  Create an identical event with you as the organizer on your calendar
3.  Send out an invitation to the new event to every recipient
https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13664

I have tried setting up Baikal (http://sabre.io/baikal/) on our server, but the configuration of Apache is not automatic and I'm obviously missing some detail. I can log in to the admin interface, add users, etc. and add the calendar to the client, but events created never get onto the server--the CalDAV communications simply don't go.

So, my choices seem to be:
-find another calendar server application that doesn't require much config to get working -find a professional CalDAV hosting provider, who uses something other than Horde

The latter is tricky in that it's usually bundled with email, which is a fairly expensive service to provide well (dealing with spam, etc.) so they have to charge $10-$20 per month per user.

If anyone has any recommendations for either software or a reliable hosting provider willing to offer just calendars, please drop me a note.

Thanks,
--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated