Lee H. Marzke on 15 Dec 2017 13:37:57 -0800

Re: [PLUG] My domain's .htaccess file is giving me fits

Perhaps it's time to switch providers ?

For a trial,  I migrated one of my Linux boxes from my local vSphere rack to an AWS t2.small instance.

The new AWS instances have EBS storage instead of ephemeral, and it seems to work pretty
well.   I believe AWS blocks many attacks for you by default.      Note I'm running 2 Plone
instances behind Apache2 load balancer ( mostly because Plone thruput is so slow ) and have
no web blocking in effect at all, with no issues on domain.   Previously I ran everything through
a pfSense firewall with no specific web blocking and have not had any issues in 10 years.

The performance is fantastic, but AWS provides no console access. So problems that keep you from booting are difficult to fix.  I guess
you would have to mount that image into another running VM and fix it's config.

Note I'm not recommending AWS over others, I'm just using this for my own training because so
many clients here the hype and want to migrate to AWS.

Lee