Morgan Jones on 16 Jan 2018 15:22:06 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Weird handling of incoming attachments in dovecot--winmail.dat file

I see them too periodically: I don’t believe it has anything to do with the receiving environment though most of my mail goes through one of two Zimbra environments and I read my mail with mail.app on a Mac.

I seem to remember being about to fiddle with them and read them pretty easily but a few quick attempts with one I received recently is coming up blank.

This may be helpful:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278061/email-received-from-a-sender-using-outlook-includes-a-winmail-dat-atta

-morgan