The ITEM on 5 Mar 2018 14:31:15 -0800

[PLUG] Day Zero Hackathon - March 30 & 31, 2018

Hello everyone,

My name is Kahiga, Strategy Lead for The ITEM, and we are hosting our first annual Day Zero Hackathon, a project to promote Linux | Cloud Computing | DevOps as a career choice. The event will be held the weekend of March 30 - 31, 2018.

        Location:

MakeOffices 17th & Market Location

1635 Market Street Suite #1600

By way of background, The ITEM is focused on ensuring that all Philadelphians can participate in our emerging technology sector. Over the last 3 years, as part of figuring out what we're good at, we have decided that we would champion Linux | Cloud Computing (AWS) | Devops ("LCD") as our training focus. We're putting on Day Zero Hackathon as a way for LCD students, practitioners and employers to convene and work on fun LCD challenges together. We hope that it will also double as a showcase for The ITEM's proposition that the LCD path is a valuable and desirable on ramp/career path.

If you want to participate as a hacker, you can sign up through our Eventbrite page.

We are also seeking companies as sponsors in the following ways: team leads, judges, ideas, food & swag.

If you are interested in more information or sponsoring please email us (info@theitem.org). We can send you an email with more details about The ITEM and the Hackathon. Thanks so much for considering it.

Kahiga Tiagha

--
The ITEM
Economic Inclusion through Technology

Join us for Day Zero Hackathon on March 30 & 31, 2018!
Facebook | Twitter | InstagramMedium