jeff on 14 Mar 2018 09:04:36 -0700

[PLUG] it's the little things

I just replaced the keyboard on my land yacht of a laptop (Elitebook).
For the second time.

It bloody works!
The backlight comes on. The touchpad works. The nipple doesn't, but they can be ordered in blue (whether or not they work).

Sure, there are a few extra ribbon cables left over, but to be fair, there was nowhere to plug them in.

Perhaps I'm of an age that's still impressed that one can go to the web and find instructions from HP and normal people on how to accomplish this feat. And videos.

I don't think I'll miss the cursor leaping up and deleting entire paragraphs. Or the handrest performing the unadvertised function of pressure sensitivity and attaching itself to a random key. I was thinking of making a hat out of the old keyboard. Maybe a brooch. Or a pteradactyl.