JP Vossen on 18 Mar 2018 11:27:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ready Player One: A Novel (and about to be a movie)

I re-read it the other day and you know what? *I* still liked it! "Great Literature" (whatever THAT is) it is not, but I still think it's a very fun read and will probably make a very fun movie. The movie trailer has a big car race that is not in the book, but...such is the difference between the media formats.

OTOH, I also tried to re-read the original _Blade Runner: DADoES_, which I have read several times but not for decades, and I gave up a few chapters in which is only about the 3rd time in my life I've stopped reading a book once I started. I'd forgotten how dreary and tedious it was.

So I'm re-reading _Neuromancer_ instead, and liking it as much as ever. Heck, I may re-read all my Gibson, then move on to Neil Stephenson, speaking of super-dense (in a good way) writing.