JP Vossen on 28 Mar 2018 10:47:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Oooma Home VOIP Phone

+1 for VoIP.ms, which I've also been using since 2014, thanks to Jonathan.

It is dirt-cheap pay-as-you-go, except for about $2/mo just to have the number. It DOES support 911 and we even fax over it from time to time (don't ask).

I have a 2 line Grandstream HT702 ATA [1] that I paid around $35 for IIRC. That's unavailable now, but VoIP.ms has a list of devices [2], thought it does not seem like it's updated much. This [3] _might_ work...

The web GUI is stone-age, like what you'd get if you asked a SysAdmin from this list to write it. It is NOT Mom&Pop compatible. But it works, and it offers a ton of call blocking (that Vonage never did when I used them) and called-id override features. So I can change the stupid phone number or "Wireless Call" CID to "Grammy." Those 2 are killer features for me.

Also, except for the device setup (which they have guides for) and the rare CID/blocking, you never use the web GUI, it's set and forget. And if you really wanna go nuts they have a REST API too.

We are very happy with them.

[1] Unavailable https://www.amazon.com/Grandstream-HT702-2-fxs-port-Telephone-Adapter/dp/B007PEIHKE
[2] https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Devices
[3] $31 https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-SPA112-Port-Phone-Adapter/dp/B00684PN54/