Paul L. Snyder on 8 May 2018 08:43:49 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] TONIGHT Tue, May 8, 2017: PLUG North - "Stargates: The Theory and Practice" by John Ashmead (6:30pm at CoreDial in Blue Bell)

PLUG North will be meeting on Tuesday, May 8 at CoreDial's
offices in Blue Bell, beginning at 6:30 pm. Directions to the
meeting location can be found at the end of this email.

This month, PLUG welcomes John Ashmead for talk entitled
"The Theory and Practice of Stargates".

  Call them Stargates, Jumpgates, Fargates, Hypergates or just an
  invitation to every pest from the far reaches of the Galaxy to
  visit, they would be invaluable in helping mankind break free
  of this solar system.  Are StarGates only a convenient plot
  device -- or could they actually be built?  Accordingly to
  Einstein's Theory of General Relavity, they are possible -- at
  least in principle.  We will discuss how to glue black holes
  together to build a wormhole, how to avoid the dangers of
  spaghettification, radiation poisoning and paradox noise, and
  just what would it take to build one in practice.

     http://www.linux-lovers.be/download/TUX/tuxatwork002.jpg

John has previously given a version of this talk at FOSSCON and
other PLUG chapters, and it should be a great time. We hope to
see you there!

At 6:30, prior to the main meeting, we'll assemble in CoreDial's
game room for shuffleboard, pool, and conversation

The meeting will take place from 6:30-9pm (6:30-7 games and
conversation, 7-8 General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial's
office space in Blue Bell, PA.

CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

  751 Arbor Way
  Blue Bell, PA 19422

Directions and other information are on our website:

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html