Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 15 May 2018 10:44:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] SELF- Travel and meetups

NC BBQ style tends to be less sweet and more about the texture and avoiding dryness, dry rubs are common. As you move south, BBQ sauces become more prominent and sweet, and as you hook around and cross the deep South, more heat and spicyness.

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 13:40 Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:
Will <staticphantom@gmail.com>:
> KSB and ESR. I think Thursday PM to sunday PM. Transportation: car.

Confirmed.

> Update this/correct this, tack on details here. Also there is a beer, wine,
> and spirits bottle share to please bring something to participate as there
> is no official registration.

I don't drink alcohol, but I'll be...with you in spirit.

> Also feel free, there is a paid for breakfast at the hotel that is ok but a
> semi-fancy buffet. Don't tell anyone you've never been to a cook out, they
> don't understand out of towners not understanding not trying their staples
> there. There are some local diners that are quite good and ask about some
> local cuisine if you have never been exposed.

Looking forward to the barbecue, I am.  Mostly familiar with Memphis and Texas
styles. What's the local idiom in Charlotte?