Doug Stewart on 15 May 2018 10:57:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] SELF- Travel and meetups

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 1:55 PM, Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:
Rich Mingin (PLUG) <plug@frags.us>:
> NC BBQ style tends to be less sweet and more about the texture and avoiding
> dryness, dry rubs are common.

I will enjoy it, then.  I do like dry rubs and don't like heavy sweet sauces;
they step on the flavor of the meat.

>                                  As you move south, BBQ sauces become more
> prominent and sweet, and as you hook around and cross the deep South, more
> heat and spicyness.

I know. None of the regional idioms is quite ideal for me.  Ideal would
be something like Memphis style with thoughful integration of capsicum
peppers and *no sugar*.

I cope.  I get dry-rubbed barbecue and put Melinda's XXX on it.  Ah,
habaneros and lime!

...Well I *wasn't* hungry.

--
-Doug