Eric S. Raymond on 15 May 2018 13:49:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] SELF- Travel and meetups

jeff <jeffv@op.net>:
> What do any of us do up here, in the Land of No BBQ?
> NE Philly/NE MontCo

Let me point you at Jimmy's.

http://www.jimmysbbq.com/

I'm a serious BBQ fan, I've sampled styles from all over the South and
the planet, and Jimmy's is among the best anywhere.  Really quite
unreasonably good for anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Actually the only place I've had obviously better is at the northeast
Rudy's just off I-35 in Austin, TX - and that is the sacred mountain
of BBQ to which every devotee must pilgrimage before they die.