Rich Kulawiec on 18 May 2018 02:55:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: 30-Day Domain Renewal Notice

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 03:07:39AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On the other hand we have over 1000 TLDs today, mostly as a way to funnel
> money to ICANN.

And thus to registrars, who have acquired effective control over it.

It is a best practice in security to immediately and permanently blacklist
all the new gTLDs until/unless you (for various values of "you") have an
operational need to make exceptions.  (And I wouldn't be hasty to do that:
the fact that some ignorant newbie spent money on a domain in .ninja really
doesn't create an obligation on your part to accomodate their stupidity.)

---rsk