Michael Leone on 1 Aug 2018 10:11:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT - battery replacement for an Android phone

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 1:05 PM, Walt Mankowski <waltman@pobox.com> wrote:

> To be clear, I wasn't talking about replacement batteries, but rather
> portable battery packs you can use to charge up anything with a USB
> connection. Search for "portable cell phone charger" on Amazon and
> you'll see dozens of varieties. I've got a few at home that folks were
> giving out as swag at tech conferences.

Yes, I understood. As I said earlier in the thread, I have a portable
battery pack of 20,000 mAh, which is kinda hefty.
I still want a new battery, even if I end up lugging that charger
around, or buying some smaller 5K mAh or whatever.

> Yes, iOS has gotten pretty aggressive about power management. On
> recent versions of the OS there's a feature where you can see which
> apps have been using the most batter. I don't know if such a thing
> exists for Android, but if it does that would be a good place to look
> to see if the app you can blame for your battery draining.

Yes, there are apps that will show you battery usage by app (I believe
it's also built in to the OS now, as well).