Casey Bralla on 31 Aug 2018 14:35:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] LInux on Chromebook

The chromebook was "free" (in that it was buried int he price of FiOS), so that was nice.
It's actually, qite a nice little netbook.  Lightweight, reasonably bright screen (but a little size limited at 1366x768).

No physical hard drive, and only 2 GBytes of RAM, so not a speed demon.

I just find ChromeOS a little confining, and I am not at all of fan of google, who wants to know EVERYTHING about me and what I do on line.   I'd prefer to sever my relationship with them as much as possible, and ChromeOS is kind of like being part of the Borg collective!