Andrew M. on 19 Nov 2018 11:44:06 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Open Source Equivalent of WordPerfect

IM(H)?O, LibreOffice is awesome. It can be used with markup approaches: you can create paragraph styles, then ultimately save the document as HTML, where the styles will be reflected as tags/classes. Then you clean up with Perl or Python. I have done this with ebooks and also to author a bunch of HTML content for insertion into a database. I agree with Bhaskar that the output HTML might be unexpected or clunky but think that LibreOffice's suite of features makes it worth it.