Rich Freeman on 29 Nov 2018 09:53:36 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Hackers are opening SMB ports on routers so they can infect PCs with NSA malware

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 12:45 PM Mike DePaulo <mikedep333@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 12:32 PM Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> Most consumer routers enable it by default.

I'm not sure if UPnP is part of this particular vulnerability.

I checked and it is apparently off by default in EdgeOS, which is what
I'm currently using.  So is SNMP.  Both are supported but must be
enabled in configuration.  Ubiquiti has their own management system
that would seem to be intended to replace SNMP which looks like it is
open source, but I haven't dug into the details.

--
Rich