JP Vossen on 19 Dec 2018 15:58:29 -0800

[PLUG] Git: net time gain or loss?

I was just struggling with several things that should be simple[1], but since it's Git they aren't [2], and I got to thinking (and THAT's never good). Git is blazingly fast, and for the right users it's an awesome tool. But for the wrong users it's a infuriatingly frustrating time-suck to do...just about anything. And I've argued [3] that _most_ users are the wrong users.

So...does Git create a net time gain or net time loss in the world? For me it's a _massive_ net loss.

[1] It doesn't matter what they are, they should have been simple, in any other VCS I'm familiar with they ARE simple, but for Git I wasted over a cumulative hour Googling.
[2] The entirety of Stack-Exchange's Git section, and https://xkcd.com/1597/
[3] https://www.jpsdomain.org/public/Revision_Control_for_the_Rest_of_Us.pdf

Thoughts?
JP