Rich Freeman on 20 Dec 2018 18:23:37 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Git: net time gain or loss?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 9:13 PM Charlie Li <ml+PLUG@vishwin.info> wrote:

> It's up to the proponent to sell
> the benefits. Telling people to learn about git's architecture whilst
> indirectly bashing their tool and workflow of choice doesn't get you there.

I dunno.  Sometimes I think the best way to punish the ignorant is to
encourage them to continue in their ignorance.  If done well you can
even get them to cut off their own nose out of spite!  :)

Git is so established at this point that I'm not sure what the point
of promoting it even is.  I'm a fan, but if people don't want to use
it then it doesn't bother me as long as I don't have to contribute to
their projects...

--
Rich