Fred Stluka on 21 Dec 2018 14:02:42 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Git: net time gain or loss?

On 12/20/18 9:23 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
But those merge commits are dang ugly, and rebase seems to be a clever
option to avoid that... granted one that can be a big headache to
understand and adjusts the history a bit and could be completely
unnecessary if not for the distributed nature of the thing.

Merge commits are fine, I think.  Merge conflicts are a pain, but
are you saying that all merge commits are ugly.  Why?

Also, how does rebase help?  A couple people have said that now,
so I must be missing something.  Enlighten me?

--Fred