Steve Litt on 16 Apr 2019 16:09:02 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Charlie Li's talk "*BSD or Linux on the laptop?" presented 2019-04-09 @ PLUG North

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 15:00:44 -0400 (EDT)
"Keith C. Perry" <kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:

> Also, the newest videos are ALWAYS at the bottom and in most cases
> the image shows the title of the video.  I don't see how that is
> "difficult".

Difficulties:

* Newest at bottom isn't common knowledge, or at least I didn't know it.

* It's true that in most cases the the image shows the title, if one
  defines "most" as "over 50%". If it were changed to "over 80%" it
  would be false. So you'd have to look extra hard, not knowing if you
  skipped over it or it just isn't on an image.

* To find a non-brand-new video, you'd need to screen scroll several
  times.

* Some of the images are tiny, blurred, and/or glared to the point of
  illegibility.

* No text searchability on title.

* No browseability without 25 pagefulls of scrolling. Lack of
  browseability lowers the value of this excellent resource.

* Speaking of "difficult", what's so difficult about, for each video,
  providing a text header with the title right above it, and a table of
  contents of links to the videos at the top? Doing so would make this
  a much better resource.

SteveT