Keith C. Perry on 16 Apr 2019 12:02:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Charlie Li's talk "*BSD or Linux on the laptop?" presented 2019-04-09 @ PLUG North

Well, not only does the PLUG web site not have the You Tube link (which we can fix by replacing the G+ link with it) but that platform was/is horrible for engagement relative to what was the G+ page.  That's a moot point now but it is also easier to download the videos from Photos so people can watch them offline which will make for a better experience for people who can't directly stream 720p60 or worse, 1080p60 content.  We shouldn't assume everyone is on fast connections.

That said, it is easier to cast via You Tube.  For some reason, I don't see the cast icon on the videos anymore (probably because that would only show up when accessed from the G+ page) so you would have to cast the whole tab to stream from the Photos link.

Also, the newest videos are ALWAYS at the bottom and in most cases the image shows the title of the video.  I don't see how that is "difficult".

I can upload to both going forward (I have no idea how to get to the link or what the credentials are so please hit me with them offline) but I'm not going to stop uploading to the existing Photos link, especially since that link goes back to 2015.  There is no reason why both can't be done.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charlie Li" <ml+PLUG@vishwin.info>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 10:42:11 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Charlie Li's talk "*BSD or Linux on the laptop?" presented 2019-04-09 @ PLUG North

Steve Litt wrote:
> That page could *really* use a text table of contents. I don't know
> what Charlie Li looks like, so hovering each of the 73 videos on that
> page didn't help me.

This is yet another reason why I always upload the clips I record to
YouTube (or similar video-specific platforms). I've been trying to get
Keith to do the same (he has full admin access there) for *gasp* years now.

--
Charlie "News flash: Google+ is still dead" Li

with vishwin for off-list communication)