jeff via plug on 6 Sep 2019 13:00:42 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Configuration help needed with Netgear C7100V

On 9/5/19 3:56 PM, Rich Kulawiec via plug wrote:
I have a Netgear C7100V that I purchased used for someone's network.
I've done a factory reset in order to remove the previous configuration.
It's connected (via an Ethernet cable) to a laptop *and to nothing else*.

I'm able to use a web browser on the laptop to access the C7100V,
however, I'm presented with a screen entitled "Netgear Genie".  Sensibly,

Random thoughts:

Are you getting in via  http://192.168.0.1 or 1.1 ?

Have you tried with other browsers? I've got 7 browsers, meaning I probably have close to 7 results. Chromium tends to work, if nothing else does.

Can you get in via WIFI? Info on the label with the MACs and SSID transmitted by default.

Genie wants netgear.com/genie, so that's not much help.

https://kb.netgear.com/27199/How-do-I-troubleshoot-routerlogin-net-and-routerlogin-com-access-errors

this suggests replacing routerlogin.com with 192.168.0.1 But we already knew this. There are other suggestions.

The manual seems to indicate you can config w/o the net but doesn't say it explicitly.

Good luck.