Andrew M. via plug on 17 Sep 2019 19:03:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Richard M. Stallman resigns

I know little about him, but it is too bad that he chose to play to his weakness on a public stage and make poor, potentially harmful arguments.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019, at 7:49 PM, Christopher Barry via plug wrote:
AMEN ESR! Saved me from having to chime in at the out of hand SJWs out there that are quick to condem those that have built the very foundation upon which Linux sits. Pure ignorance.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019, 7:20 PM Eric S. Raymond via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
Christine via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>:
> There are a lot of good "think pieces" out there now shedding light on how
> he has always been really toxic and made free software less accessible to
> minority folks.

That is nonsense.

I've known RMS since 1979. Not only doesn't he have a bigoted bone in
his body, he doesn't even have a bigoted *atom* in his body.  He considers
details like skin color, sexual orientation, etc, pretty much irrelevant to
anything important about people.

He is a disaster around women, but not because he had any form of
prejudice against them - just terrible social skills and some kind of
autism-like deficit.

Any "think pieces" making stronger claims are full of shit.