Rich Kulawiec via plug on 5 Dec 2019 12:42:15 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Configuration help needed with Netgear C7100V

On Sat, Nov 02, 2019 at 12:28:19PM -0400, Soren Harward via plug wrote:
> The factory reset may have left the router in a somewhat broken state
> ??? it's uncommon and shouldn't happen, but still does from time to
> time, especially with consumer-grade hardware.  So I'd try re-flashing
> the router with fresh firmware.

Unfortunately, that's not possible with this device, per:

	What is the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router?
	https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-modem-router

Quoting:

	"You cannot manually update your NETGEAR cable modem or modem
	router's firmware."

I don't actually know whether the firmware is in or out-of-date because (see
the device is partially broken, I don't know: it certainly seems to be,
although clearly the OS and internal web server are running.

---rsk