Charles Hathaway via plug on 15 Dec 2019 01:34:27 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [just ignore this] W10

This is but a temporary state.

Checkout Godot (https://godotengine.org/), Steam/Proton (https://www.protondb.com/), and Unity (kinda meh, but technically supports Linux, https://itsfoss.com/unity-editor-linux/).

Vulkan helped a ton. I've been using a Linux laptop as my main gaming machine for a little over year; I can get most things working easily, some things with a bit of elbow grease, and the things I can't get working is an increasingly finite list*. I even got a ton of VR titles to run great.

Still, yeah. Most of my friends run Windows 7 or 8 for gaming. Oddly, none run 10.

Charles

* and there are things I can get working in Linux that don't work in Windows, mostly older games