Eric H. Johnson via plug on 6 Apr 2020 08:20:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Dual booting Linux and Windows

Tim,

Does WSL2 have GPU support? I thought that was command line only. I need the full Ubuntu desktop.

Thanks,
Eric

I don't know if you'd consider it, but I've been using WSL-2 Ubuntu 18.04 with Windows 10, and it has been fantastic. I'll never go back to the pain of dual-boot again.

It allows me to use the environment work mandates (Office/Outlook, BlueJeans), my many monitors *just work*, and I still have a full Linux kernel at my fingertips. WSL-2 is currently available on the "slow ring" beta release of Windows, and will be released in Windows prime within a few months (like in May):

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/wsl2-will-be-generally-available-in-windows-10-version-2004/

It has been the perfect blend for me, as someone who develops on Linux but has to do all the other work stuff (okay, and VR/gaming) on Windows.

Regards,

Tim