Floyd Johnson via plug on 18 Apr 2020 18:21:15 -0700

[PLUG] Linux on a Chromebook?

I've spent about a year with GalliumOS (a derivative of Ubuntu more or less tuned to work with Chromebooks), step one being to set up a conventional swap partition. For me, the default zram strategy doesn't seem to mix well with IDEs and Web browsers at the same time when you've only 4GB to begin with-more thrashing than a heavy metal act.

I'm considering using a different distro.

What experiences have you had with Linux on Chromebooks with a Celeron N3060 ("Braswell"), 4GB RAM, and 32 GB eMMC internal storage (this Acer CB3-431 has the codename "EDGAR")?