jeff via plug on 21 Apr 2020 14:27:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: Zoom

Zoom is still wonderful, esp to the people who don't know better.

When we were done with a Webex call, it stays huge, then started displaying stuff from address books and calendars. Teams is so huge that it needs its own monitor. Definitely more solid than Skype. Also didn't shrink to usable levels.

This sounds like an unaired Python (Monty) episode:

Hello, this is Ministry of Making Software You Can't Use because it's Bloody huge. How can I help you?

Sir, it's about this program from Microsoft...

Not YOU too. If I didn't have 7.5 hours of Microsoft complaints, I could get something done around here. They call me when I'm in the loo. I see the logos in my sleep.

I'm sorry- is this the Ministry of Making Software You Can't Use because it's Bloody huge.

Absolutely.

Ooh, I was hoping you were it. I can't get anything done, because I can't shrink the software past a certain point. And the design might've been done by monkeys on coke. Do you have any copies of Teams?

Sorry, Sir, usually arrives Tuesday.

No matter. Skype?

Fresh out of it, Sir.

Leisure Suit Larry?

Nope.

I hear there's a great sale on Zoom.

Vermin Supreme and the Flying Spaghetti Monster - vote wisely, vote often

MALA - Make America Libertarian Again