jeff via plug on 17 Jun 2020 20:11:31 -0700

[PLUG] other laptop

She Who Must Be Obeyed gave me a budget for something hotter than the Thinkpad I got (thanks for the tips, PLUG).

Research: I know almost every Intel chip and have no idea which is better and current. Ebay- coupla Alienwares, a few 17" Thinkpads and HPs. Wildly varying options.

How's this Legion 5?
https://www.microcenter.com/product/623133/lenovo-legion-5-17imh05h-173-gaming-laptop-computer---black

NEEDs
17" video
number pad
backlit kbd
8+ RAM
Desktop replacement, some horsepower

Intel or AMD, size + weight don't matter
1.5k budget

Don't do the work: Steer me in the right direction, please. Thanks.