John Kreno via plug on 9 Jul 2020 07:54:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] VPS Hosting

+1 Linode, they are very good with maintenance notifications also

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 10:51 AM JP Vossen via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
On 7/9/20 10:30 AM, Casey Bralla via plug wrote:
> A perenial question...
>
> I need a recommendation for a low-activity VPS host.
>
>   * Not much bandwidth needed
>   * Not too intense applications (simple SMTP & Apache server with low
>     activity)
>   * Only unusual thing is I need about ~100 GBytes disk space
>   * Debian OS
>   * Unmanaged (except by me)
>
> Any recommendations for hosting company?

I think several folks on the list use Linode.  I know I do and I'm quite
happy with my $5/mo node that runs jpsdomain.org (web, external DNS,
in/out mail relay).  The catch might be the disk space but you can check
easily enough.

Good luck,
JP
--  -------------------------------------------------------------------

John Kreno

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
- Thomas Jefferson

I despise people who go to the gutter on either the right or the left and hurl rocks at those in the center.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Not every child has an equal talent or an equal ability or equal motivation, but they should have the equal right to develop their talent and their ability and their motivation, to make something of themselves.
- John F. Kennedy

With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.
- John F. Kennedy

For in the final analysis, our most basic common link, is that we all inhabit this small planet, we all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's futures, and we are all mortal.
- John F. Kennedy