brent timothy saner via plug on 16 Jul 2020 19:49:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] RAID-1 mdadm vs. Mobo H/W

On 7/16/20 21:21, JP Vossen via plug wrote:
> mdadm
> Con
>     (U)EFI is painful on 2 disks, ongoing?

Conveniently enough, I have a solution for this:

https://git.square-r00t.net/OpTools/tree/sys/BootSync

It's geared towards Arch, but bootsync.py should run just fine
on-demand. Read the prep.txt file.

After that, copy sample.config.xml to /etc/bootsync.xml and edit it
appropriately.

You could put a Dpkg::Post-Invoke hook in a /etc/apt.conf.d/ file to run
bootsync, but it'll call that after every apt install. To my knowledge,
there's no way to specify an apt hook for specific packages but you
could perhaps write a wrapper that could decide to call bootsync.py or
not. Or just run it; it doesn't hurt anything (theoretically(TM)) to run
it multiple times with no new files to sync.

But yeah, that's how I do it. mdadm > fakeraid 4evar