Rich Freeman via plug on 11 Aug 2020 13:27:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] news

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 3:49 PM Keith via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> If all you have to do is click a box , then are you really secure?  I'm
> posing that as a thought experiment not as a statement of me saying the
> thingy is or is not secure.

Of course not.  Nowhere did I suggest that using encryption was the
ONLY necessary component of security.

My point is merely that it almost never makes sense to not use it.

Certainly disabling encryption doesn't make you MORE secure.  You
don't have to drill a hole in your head and empty out your brains to
start using SSL.  :)

--
Rich