Joe Rosato via plug on 29 Aug 2020 02:41:00 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Big monitors

This might sound odd, but the reason I was avoiding the duel monitor was the possibility of slight differences in the two screens. I can get the same monitor and calibrate them, but then I would have to worry about fidelity - how much would those suckers drift in a year and then I'm back in hell as my eyes find it stressful to switch between the two. I might be getting a little overkill but that was the fear. I have a brand new dual (same monitor) setup at work and still find myself futzing with matching the brightness.

And dual monitor would solve the two computer situation, but I'm also thinking of having a minimal setup where I only have one computer at my desk. (I have others in the house but at a distance) - so remoting into those with one screen is acceptable.

There is also the "new toy" pull since I never dived into one of those ultrawides.. if I was to be completely honest. 😃

I have to go pickup a scientific calculator for daughter at best buy today and plan on taking a look at this thing if on display.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-29wl500-b-29-ips-led-ultrawide-fhd-freesync-monitor-with-hdr-black/6329952.p?skuId=6329952

If nice might get the larger one same model.