jeff via plug on 6 Oct 2020 16:10:15 -0700

[PLUG] sys76 pt II

Still enjoying the speed and weight of my laptop.

However, I didn't know that a desktop environment made so much difference in terms of hardware. It came with Gnome and all was good.
Installed XFCE, black screen.
Installed Xubuntu fresh, success.

Now there are issues....
Pwr mgmt isn't. Shut lid, stays on, regardless of setting. The most annoying thing is the trackpad- syndaemon runs, but pad ignores it.
No shift or numlock indicators.

Now I understand why they only support Gnome.
I have never had this problem in all my linux years - did I miss something?