Walt Mankowski via plug on 22 Oct 2020 15:33:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux mount of Windows share keeps dropping

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 05:42:23PM -0400, Michael Lazin via plug wrote:
> I can tell from this command line that you are telling it to use SMB v 1.0
> which is deprecated.   A properly patched windows system probably wouldn't
> accept that connection.  This article will give you an idea of the syntax
> you need.
>
> https://superuser.com/questions/1297724/linux-force-default-mount-cifs-version-to-3-0

Oh, I totally agree. The only reason I added "vers=1.0" is because if
I leave it off, or change it to any other value listed in
mount.cifs(8), it doesn't work. I get a "stale file handle" error
every time I try to open a file on the share.