K.S. Bhaskar via plug on 29 Oct 2020 07:35:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Copying files to multiple volumes

You can of course extend the boustrophedon heuristic to n drives, if you have the drives, e.g., largest file on drive 1, next largest on drive 2, next two on drive 3, next on drive 2, next two on drive 1, etc. And maybe two drives will suffice if you compress each file before storing it.

At YottaDB (and at GT.M as well), we adopted the convention to add an i to the prefix when referring to the power of two, and to leave it out for powers of 10, and for approximate values. So 992Mi (the limit on the number of blocks in a single database file; a database can extend over an unlimited number of files) means exactly 992×1024×1024 whereas 992M means 992×1000×1000 or something in the vicinity of that number accurate to three significant digits.

Regards
– Bhaskar