Soren Harward via plug on 12 Jan 2021 18:20:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Is there a better alternative LATEX?

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 8:54 PM John Karr via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> The big one frustrating me is wrapfigure, I'm trying to include a lot of shots from the movie, after
>
> \end{wrapfigure}   the margins are permanently displaced . To have the smaller images take up a whole line is ugly.

Yeah, if you're trying to place an image (frame from the movie) at a specific position on a specific page so that it's near the text that refers to it, that's a tight coupling of content and presentation that violates WYSIWYM and isn't the kind of thing LaTeX desires to be good at.

Scribus has a learning curve on par with LaTeX.  But it will read Markdown files, give you much finer control over the page layout, and gracefully handle projects with hundreds of pages of text and scads of images.