Walt Mankowski via plug on 13 Jan 2021 11:58:17 -0800

[PLUG] Large image attachments

A quick administrative note:

Any message larger than 100k will be held for review by mailman. This
afternoon I noticed that there were a few messages with very large
image attachments that had been held. Although one of them was nearly
10 MB in size, I decided to release them since they seemed to be
relevant to the discussion.

We don't get a lot of image attachments on the list, but if you ever
do want to send some, please try to shrink them down to a more
reasonable size. These images where 4032x3024, which I'm guessing is
larger than the monitor resolution of most people on the list.

Also, while I'm one of the moderators on the mailing list, I never
receive any notifications when messages are held for review. That
means if you send messages with very large attachments, a) they're
going to be held until b) I or one of the other moderators manually
get around to checking the queue. Also c) we might decide the messages
are too large and reject them.

Walt