Rich Freeman via plug on 13 Jan 2021 12:08:45 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Large image attachments

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 2:58 PM Walt Mankowski via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> Any message larger than 100k will be held for review by mailman. This
> afternoon I noticed that there were a few messages with very large
> image attachments that had been held. Although one of them was nearly
> 10 MB in size, I decided to release them since they seemed to be
> relevant to the discussion.
>
> We don't get a lot of image attachments on the list, but if you ever
> do want to send some, please try to shrink them down to a more
> reasonable size. These images where 4032x3024, which I'm guessing is
> larger than the monitor resolution of most people on the list.

Yeah, the original files were way too small to read, but that doesn't
mean that we need 12MP images either.  :)

It doesn't help that email programs don't always sanely resize things.

--
Rich